Medical Coding ICD-10 Trainer
Location: Combination of work remotely and on-site
To apply, please email resume to: email@example.com
Provide medical coding and ICD-10-CM/PCS education and training for individuals/groups which may include Coders, Physicians, Nurses, Technicians or others involved in daily documentation and coding practices; develop and provide training via web-based format or other proposed method.
- Travel is required
- Prepares ICD-10 training slides and documentation based on ICD-10-CM/PCS audit results
- Prepares various reports -
- Creates and deletes files, searching files and records, storing and extracting material from a variety of software packages, including word
- Prepares, generates, and transmits large amounts of information and generates various reports
- Monitors and provides analysis on coding trends
- Participate in all staff orientation or training that may be required as a precondition to performance as may be prescribed by the hospital
commander or designee. Such orientation may include instruction on automated processing, standing operating procedures (SOP), local in-
services, quality improvement programs, safety programs. This shall be conducted during the contract employees regularly scheduled
- Conducts and coordinates routine audits Supervises professional auditing staff; coordinates auditing activities and projects, ensuring
- Accomplishing clerical, statistical and data entry tasks in support of the administrative work of the office, using an automated data processing
- Minimum degree required is an Associate.
- Current coding credentials/certifications from AHIMA (CCS, CCS-P, RHIA or RHIT) and/or AAPC (CPC, CIC) are required.
- Must have successfully completed and maintained all requirements of the AHIMA ICD-10 Trainer program
- Minimum of 5+ years in the healthcare industry, with hands-on actual coding with auditing experience, inpatient and outpatient coding/auditing
experience, or teaching coding classes in an approved AHIMA accredited college program, and a knowledge base including ICD-9-CM converting to
ICD-10, (both CM and PCS).
- At least 5 years direct inpatient, outpatient and specialty coding experience.
- Must have 2 years consulting experience.
- Must have Training or Public Speaking experience
- Working knowledge of Reimbursement and Compliance requirements.
- Minimum of six months experience within the past year related to working in a medical environment with emphasis on healthcare.